Re: Failed Cap's

On 7 May 2008, at 17:36, Chris Hunter wrote:

> Piers - thinking of failed cap's, what chance, would you guess, of
> that being the problem with out old CRT, which seems to have a fly-
> back problem ... ie: the image on the screen doesn't fill the full
> width anymore, and is unreadable ... if it was just a blown cap',
> maybe I could fix it (needless to say, with the high voltages
> involved, I've not opened it up, yet) ?
>
> Chris

No idea, I'm no expert with electronics really, just a symptom I've
learnt to identify for dead electronics - it occurs more often on
motherboards due to cheap caps used nowadays.  I think you might be
better off talking to a TV expert.  To me, your problem could be
anything - magnet going, H sync electronics problems, faulty cable
etc., etc.  No idea really.

Good luck though!

Cheers - Piers