From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
noel_pilot
Sent: 06 May 2008 08:44
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Bathroom Speakers Installation...any tips please?!

=20

Hi all,=20
Well since my 'The Imp Magic Box' died on me last week I'm thinking of
doing things properly and putting some ceiling speakers into my
bathroom driven from a receiver/amp and airport express in the landing
cupboard.

Few questions....

1 - Speakers i'm looking at (found through search of the list) are
http://www.rs100. <http://www.rs100.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3D21=
6>
co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3D216 they seem ok
and will do the job for me I think, unless anyone says otherwise or
anything better for sub =A350??

2 - Installation - Any tips, I've got an artexed (beyond belief the
spikes are up to 1.5inches!!) ceiling, assume I just cut a nice hole
and screw them in???!

3 - The amp/receiver =3D what i'd like is to have an amp with radio
tuner so I can switch between either radio or the airport express on
another input. Question is how I could do that switch. One option is
a cheap harmony remote say with an IR receiver run to the cupboard but
that seems like overkill. Only control I'm looking for is volume and
source just to swap between either radio and cd (for airport) no
control over radio stations required.

Thoughts and assistance greatly appreciated.

Needless to say it's VERY low budget, amp/receiver i intend to find on
ebay or similar.

Thanks

Noel

=20