Re: [SPAM] X10 and Ethernet over power

Just to ad my =A30.02, I've had quite a few reports of success whilst
combining EoP and X10 - - and no reports of failure (outside of the usual
x10 oddities that is).

I was quite concerned about implementing this at home beforehand - ended up
running long cat5 cables across floors (can't drill/cut anything -
nightmare) - - - prap's now's a good time to invest in some EoP endpoints!

which leads to the obvious question - what do you guys recommend? cost, as
ever, is key. will only be used to stream data from MCE box to one
(possibl=
two XBMC clients) - so 100Mbit should be ample.

Thanks,

Rob

2008/5/4 <thedot@xxxxxxx>:

>   Hi Neil,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Wow, cannot believe I mixed them up. Indeed I meant "Ethernet
over Power"
> I have PoE in the house as well but I was most concerned with
"Ethernet
> over Power".
>
> Phil - Thank you also for you reply !
>
> Cheers Eric
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Are you talking "Power over Ethernet" or "Ethernet
over Power"? I
> presume
> > "Ethernet over Power".
> > Two different things.
> >
> > I was also curious about the "Ethernet over Power"
> > In particular the Netgear equipment.
> >
> http://www.netgear.com.au/Products/PowerlineNetworking/PowerlineEthernetA=
dap
> > ters.aspx
> >
> > There has been some discussion in the local Australian
electronics
> > magazine
> > (Silicon Chip) about "Ethernet over Power" devices
causing interference=
.