From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Chris Hunter
Sent: 01 May 2008 22:15
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Drobo & DroboShare - In-Depth Review

Many thanks ... am very tempted to go Drobo ...

BTW, our Time Capsule (to which we'd want to connect the Drobo) is
currently
proving a right pain ... lots of messages & imperfect working with a
mix of
Ethernet & Airport connections ... the iMac won't work Wireless if it
is
connected to the Time Capsule via Ethernet, and if I try to connect the
iMac
to Time Capsule Wirelessly, they lose touch & I have to restart the
Time
Capsule, etc, etc ... the MacWorld review mentioned various problems with
Time Capsule, and said to be sure to have the latest software updates ...
but we're right up to date (well, two days ago), and still no joy ...
plus, linking via Time Capsule to our old G4 desktop running Tiger &
OS8.6 is proving a step too far (have also tried Target Disc mode via
Firewire, but it fails, with the iMac claiming no connection) ...

Chris

On 1 May 2008, at 21:13, Andy Davies wrote:

> In case it's of interested I came across this from someone who's
> actually using it with a Mac -
> http://hivelogic.com/articles/2008/04/regarding-backups
>
> 2008/4/28 Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx>:
>> Interesting review, interesting device ... when I went there a few
>> weeks back, the Data Robotics web-site mentioned the Drobo &
Time