RE: [OT] New laptop - AMD or Intel

Thanks to all who replied.

I now await delivery of my new laptop :)

17" Truebright Screen 1440 x 900
Upped the spec of processor slightly to 1.83GHz T5550
Upgraded to 4Gb Ram
Included a Carry case

=A3614 :)

I did briefly look at MacBook prices, then ran away. I looked at a 17"
and
the only real differnced I could see was a faster processor which I could
have got for another =A3100 or so but the price of the MacBook was =A31800
=
:(

As I am basically a WINDOWS DEVELOPER, I fail to see the point in buying a
MAC and paying for an operating system I don=92t need then having to pay
fo=
Windows as well.

Will be looking to make my new machine Dual Boot Vista/XP once it arrives

Once again, thanks for the replies. Jims link to Wikipedia was useful :)

Keith
=20