OSXBMC - v0.1.5 Released

http://www.osxbmc.com/

M.

* FIX: I re-enabled the pixel shader for "advanced" OpenGL cards,
which was mistakenly left disabled in the last release due to the X3100
debugging. Nobody even noticed, so it's likely you won't notice it being on
again, but feel free to pretend like everything suddenly got a whole lot
faster or better looking.
* FIX: Crash on exit that was due to you naughty users having Python
scripts in the scripts folder. I know who you are.
* FIX: FLAC files should now play, as I fixed the linkage on the FLAC
library.
* FIX: Make sure the "Application Support" directory is there
before
trying to create the XBMC directory inside it. For those of you with really
virgin Macs.
* NEW: Down-mixing of AC3 and DTS. Finally, those of you having to sit
there in silence watching your movies at high speed, perhaps having to
suffer through a loved one nagging you over your shoulder. Set your output
mode to analog, turn up the volume, and ignore that loved one. (P.S. Those
of you anime fiends with 5-channel AAC, sorry people, no such luck. Post a
link to a sample video with that sound format and I'll try to look into
it.)
* NEW: Support for 4:2:2 MPEG video. This corresponds to the
"30secondfergie.mpg" clip, for those of you in the know. Thanks
to d4rk and
elupus for the final tip on how to scale down the chroma planes. I also
updated the libmpeg2 library to the latest and greatest, which adds SSE2
decoding acceleration, and probably lots of bug-fixes. There is still a
problem thumbnailing certain MPEG videos. It seems to be a bug in libmpeg2,
but I haven't had time to track it down further.
* NEW: Preliminary support for Xbox 360 wireless controllers. I have
one, and I've modified the keymap.xml file for basic support. I'm using the
drivers found here, and they seem to work pretty well, except for a few
small issues (and I want to get idle mode working so that the system shuts
down the controller). I'm looking for a volunteer to finish up the keymap.
It's going to be a pretty sweet option for controlling XBMC, especially
once
I get MAME integrated.
* FIX: Exiting with certain skins caused a hang, which was deadly and
downright rude in fullscreen mode. Being unable to quickly find the bug,
I've simply disabled skin unloading upon exit. The pros: No more hangs. The
cons: Lack of "final" animation. The pros: It exits much more
quickly. So go
ahead and try to have a problem exiting. I double doggy dare you.
* FIX: Watching a movie and then switching to fullscreen mode with the
'\' key could result in vertical sync being disabled, which led to video
tearing and hair-tearing posts on the forum and blog.
* NEW: I updated CxImage to version 6.0 (used in displaying photos).
Besides incorporating years of fixes and enhancements, the one thing I was
excited about was RAW support. However, there are a few downsides I've
found: It takes forever to thumbnail RAW files, and the thumbnails are
corrupted (ha!). However, it will actually display RAW images properly in a
slideshow. N.B. To enable RAW display, you'll need an advancedsettings.xml
file that looks like this.
* FIX: When switching between fullscreen and windowed mode, the fonts
would get kind of messed up, in that their sizes were wrong. d4rk explained
what was going on, and I fixed it.
* NEW: Lots of improvements on the scrapers (which load movie/TV show
information) from others on the XBMC team. Hopefully they work for you.