Re: FM transmitter

>  I've also got Sky so an FM transmitter is another possibility
that I'm
>  favouring using Veronica or maybe the now defunct Sky Gnome.
>
>  Anyone any recent experience of either before I jump (or anyone have
>  something sitting in a cupboard that they might want to sell?). I'm
probably
>  looking for greater range than most of the car type FM transmitters
can
>  handle.

I've had veronica for a few years now, and in general I've been
pleased with it.  The range is good, and the quality is good.

However, more recently I've been having some problems with it,
specifically that more modern radios (ie ones with PLL tuning) seem to
have problems with it, they will usually tune to it, but every few
minutes the sound cuts out for a second or so.  This can usually be
fixed by off tuning a bit, ie going up or down by a .05MHz or
sometimes even 0.1.  This fixes the intermittent problem, but the
sound quality suffers as a result.  I suspect an overheating component
on the circuit board, causing a wobble in the generated frequency.
I'm by no means an electrician though so I'm not sure.

Has anyone else had this problem?