HomeEasy and PC control

  • Subject: HomeEasy and PC control
  • From: Mal Lansell <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 23:08:25 +0000

RFXCOM have updated their 433MHz transmitter, and it can now control the
entire range of Byron HomeEasy devices.  The new transmitter uses the
proprietary HomeEasy protocol, which includes commands for setting the
dim level directly - a big improvement over X10 RF and Domia Lite etc
which only allow you to send dim/bright commands.

I've added support for this to xPL, but even if you're not an xPL user,
you may find my HomeEasy webpage useful, since it contains details of
compatibility between the HomeEasy ranges, and the RFXCOM transmitters.

http://www.xplmonkey.com/homeeasy.html

Mal