Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

Bluetooth phone remote

I have tried several solutions (Bluetooth Remote Control,
PuppetMaster, Salling Clicker) and I must say I am quite intrigued...

Over the weekend I have written a simple script to control
SqueezeCenter for BRC and PuppetMaster (I cannot get Salling Clicker
to run as it does not work with my BT stack) and the results are
promising.

It seems that it is a quite potent method of control - you can
interface it with scripting, which practically means you can do almost
anything. What's more, what you see on the phone is dynamically
updated, so the home system may inform you of its status before you act.

Of course, some might find it not as convenient as a regular remote,
but at least you have the choice - run that Java app in the phone you
have on you or go looking for that remote...