Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Re: WakeUp on Lan

Another option could be to set the PC BIOS to "Power on after
power restore"
(it will be named something similar to this).

Plug PC into an appliance module X10/RF/YourChoice - - then when you
remotely turn on the power to the PC, it will boot up.

Any good?

R.

2008/6/29 Simon Ryley <simon.ryley@xxxxxxx>:

>   I use a TINI with a simple java program to do WOL over telnet or
from a
> digital input. Handy if I'm out and about and a pc dies. As long as
> there is power the net router and the TINI always come up cos they are
> both embedded. I can then use the TINI to send a magic packet if the
> PCs are refusing to reboot on power failure.
>
> Simon
>

> Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> >
> > Hi Iain,
> >
> > If you use xAP...
> >
> > http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=128997
> > <http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=128997>
> >
> > or something here may be of use...
> >
> > http://www.depicus.com/ <http://www.depicus.com/>
> >
> > cheers Kevin
> >
> > iaingoodhew wrote:
> > > What I am looking for is a device that can send a magic
packet from a
> > > digital input, so I can connect it to a comfort output.
> > >
> > > Any Ideas??
> > >
> > > Iain

Rob Iles