Re: Rack suppliers

  • Subject: Re: Rack suppliers
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:13:35 -0000

Ben,

I asked RGBComms, the UK distributor the same questions, they
pointed me in the direction of of www.ugot.co.uk who have now sent
through a price list.

I also contacted the other recommendation from this thread who were
Cinemax. Had to chase my intial enquiry after a week and got a
response from Armour Home. My product questions remaind un-answered
but was told they only dealt with installers and I could possibly
special order through my local B&O. So my experience so far with
Cinemax has not been pleasurable.

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Ben McCormack <yahoogroup@...> wrote:

> Kevin
>
> I have been looking at the Mid Atlantic Racks and they look very
good.
> I do have a simple question. Where do you purchase them from?
>
> Ben
>
> On 6 Jun 2008, at 12:57, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>
> > In my lounge I have a cupboard that just takes a 19" rack
width
wise -
> > and I have used one of the Mid Atlantic pivot racks. They are
bolted
> > the floor/base and pull forward and then you unlock and pivot
them. It
> > has made things so much easier but I had the problem of no side
access
> > either so this was essential. There is a version that just pulls
> > forward (no pivot) , again attached to a firmly bolted base.
Both
> > these
> > are typically used when not on a floor but mid height. Heavy
racks
> > have
> > small extension legs/tracks to support the weight when extended.
The
> > racks, because they are AV focussed tend to be 600mm depth, you
may be
> > able to get deeper though , and not cheap (although there are
better
> > prices available) .
> >
> > If you can wall mount and have side space you can use a rack
that
> > hinges
> > on one side too. If you can use castors they really do make
access the
> > easiest and pleases the wallet too.

> > Paul Bendall wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Currently I have a small wall mounted rack which is Node0.
The
only
> > > issue being the front-to-back depth is quite restricting.
Not a
> > > problem for Mini-ITX rackmounted cases of hetwork equipment
but
> > > limiting for full sized rackmount cases.
> > >
> > > Therefore, I am starting to look for a deeper floor mounted
> > option. It
> > > will be located in the garage with the rear against the
wall.
> > > Currently I am thinking that my best option maybe to look at
> > > audio/visual racks that pull forward and then can be
swivelled