RE: Fw: TiVo About to Re-launch in the UK

Nope,  I'm with Gareth on this one. - I'm sure I've said this before,
but for me, some aspects of the Tivo GUI were a PITA... - specifically
their decision to overlay parts of the GUI on the TV picture on a
translucent panel... - this constantly made the UI impossible to use...
- bit of a struggle to read white text on a white background. I
frequently found myself having to wait for the TV picture to change to
something darker before I could read the IU... - means I never got to be
a fan of Ski Sunday!

No argument at all that the Tivo is overall a vastly superior product,
with better software, better features, and compared to more recent Sky
boxes, considerably better engineering. But UI's are very subjective
things, and for me, actually being able to read the bl**dy thing is
rather helpful!

I used to run both Tivo & Sky+ together, and I *still* miss the Tivo
having sold it on a couple of years ago. I have for the last couple of
years been a Sky+ only house, and in truth for most of that time I've
liked Sky+, and been a bit of a fan (a vocal one at that). Lately
however, - pretty much since I switched over to the Sky HD
boxes/service, my opinion of sky is going down. I will be in the front
of the queue to replace these with an updated Tivo if/when it relaunches
here.

Paul G.