Latest message you have seen: Secuyou Wireless Security System Locks Your Doors and Windows with Press of a Button

RE: Ground Source Heat Pumps and HA (OT)

  • Subject: RE: Ground Source Heat Pumps and HA (OT)
  • From: "Gary Tall" <gtcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:50:57 +0100

Neil=92s about summed it up.
=20
I have a heat pump, again running for about 12 months. Its from a
reputable company but I had a number of issues with it that ended up
costing me just shy of 2k for electricity in the first 9 months.
Basically a temp sensor was faulty and it ran too much. I find different
engineers have different ideas to set it up but after a little strop
about that I always get the head guy now and he is fine.
=20
I have maintained a weekly chart of running hours and approximated costs
since the beginning of May and it costs approximately =A31.50 for hot
water per week now.
=20
On my particular model I find the rego control unit annoying and whilst
sold as a set and forget unit working on outside temps this did not
really work as it was running too often when the weather was changeable
resulting.
=20
I=92m getting towards being pleased with it but hope for a much cheaper
winter than last year before I=92m truly on board.
=20
You really need to do some research because there are certain things
that are not obvious when you first start looking at them. For instance
one thing that the companies don=92t tell you is that in very wet soil
during winter the ground loop can freeze and you won=92t get any heat at
all, luckily I don=92t have this problem but there are some out there that
do.
=20
Regards
Gary