Re: Re: Recommendation for outdoor sensors

Idratek's 's Idranet can be very cost effective - dimmers for example
are around £100 for 4 channel. It supports legacy X10 should you wish
migrate. There is an entry cost overhead and some divided opionions on
the appearance of the switches but you can just use ordinary switches
back to inputs should you prefer.  Remote I/O is well catered for as
Idranet can run over really long distances over a single CAT5

Kevin

PS  ...   Just when you thought it was safe to read to the end ;-) ...
it has great support for xAP too .

Bov wrote:
> Tell me about it Paul :-). If anyone can recommend a simple and cost
> effective way to replace my X10 then I would. Fortunately most of my
> rooms are now star wired back to a number of local hubs containing
> the X10 Din units (about 20 of them now).
>
> My one thought to get some reliability was to hard wire some sensors
> back to my HomeVision unit - but that's quite a run, although it
> would only need one run of sufficient multi-core.
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:
>
>> Now there's something you don't often see... - the words
"reliable"

> and
>
>> "X10" in the same sentence....
>>
>> :-)