Fw: Re: Andy's UPS - EM Interference ? Should I move things ?

  • Subject: Fw: Re: Andy's UPS - EM Interference ? Should I move things ?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 09:54:02 +0100

I plan to shut down all others, etc. Only one laptop in the rack - no
servers.

Signal is fine to shorter runs - it may be nothing in the rack causing
interference tho. Was the biggest thing to start with :-)

G.

Gareth Cook
Technical Solution Architect, SWG Sales Europe

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 18/07/2008 09:52 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 09:46

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Re: Andy's UPS - EM Interference ? Should I move things ?
.
Category:

Is the UPS a Compaq R3000h?
The R3000h, like a lot of UPSs, has a very large transformer.
I imagine this would put out some interference though this is the
first time I've been asked about interference.
But it is likely servers, etc will put out some interference as well.
If you want to test for interference, a radio on long wave is
particularly sensitive.
You could try powering up one piece of equipment at a time and see
if it interferes with long wave radio.

How does the sky box receive its signal?    via a dish?

Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@...> wrote:

> Having some issues with signals, and I'm wondering if the massive
UPS