OT : LCD with HDMI but mappable stereo inputs - any recommends ?

  • Subject: OT : LCD with HDMI but mappable stereo inputs - any recommends ?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:56:50 +0100

Does anyone one of an LCD out there that has a HDMI port, but allows
you
to select an analog audio stereo input for the audio (ie not using the
digital portion of the HDMI).

Problem I have is with the Popcorn player - it either dishes out analog OR
digital via all ports - and as I have a HDMI splitter arrangement for the
Popcorn, if I set to analog everyone gets it (the other screens have
amps).

This LCD is for the bedroom (and would like a 2nd for the kitchen) - so
anything with a digital stream is up the swanny. But if it has mappable
analog stereo inputs, I can just feed those from the popcorn.

Luckily, the Sky HD only send PCM stereo down the HDMI so I dont get a
problem with Sky. Thank goodness for their madness :-)

Quality not an issue here - just something that works.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.