Node 0 safety

Hopefully sometime in the near future I'll be aquiring a new house to
play with.

Am contemplating locating some kit in the (non converted) loft as it's
probably the only place I will be allowed to run cable from the office
(not allowed to make a mess as house nicely decorated.

Initially thinking of putting DNS-323 and a laptop as a web server but
am a bit concered about fire risk. Thought about mounting in a steel
tray or similar.

Any thoughts welcome.

Was also contemplating Rako after X10 failed SWMBO approval but is
looking a bit pricy. Might do a few little bits if wallet allows.
Hardly seemed to have been mentioned on here so if anyone has played
with it would be good to hear.

thanks

A.