Re: Plug&Play GSM Access Control

Interesting - it appears to be designed as a physical access control
device
- but could it be re-purposed as a network access control system? I guess
it's an all-or-nothing type solution - either you're fully authorised, or
not authorised - but for the price, it could be a cheap "extra
authentication factor" (until the retina scans and fingerprint readers
work
properly) ;) ....username, password, PIN, Fob + GSM_Code required for login
? :s

the free-call from mobile is particularly interesting if one has "high
volume" requirements......I've not read all the details, but if there
reall=
are no call costs then this becomes a gsm based input that can be toggled
a=
often as you like at no cost..........*me ponders
possibilities*.....(Harmony + Xap + Xpl interfaces should be really simple,
as it's basically a contact closure)

</waffling>

R.

2008/7/1 Mark McCall <lists@xxxxxxx>:

>   Here's a great little device that promises a 10 minute plug &
play DIY
> installation to your existing access control system. You can authorise
up
> to 2,000 users and restrict them by day, date and time. The system
also
> holds a log of access details and you can use your own SIM card or buy
> low
> cost plan with the unit. Use it to replace your existing keyfobs or
even =
as
> a backup to them, it's available now for =A3195+vat...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5t8lef
>
> M.
>
>=20=20

--=20