Re: Asterisk/Tixbox and IP phones?

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:59:08AM +0100, Paul Gale wrote:
> Is anyone using Asterisk and any of the newer IP DECT phones like the
Siemens Gigaset C47?

I recently got myself some S685IP which are very nice, they do have
one annoying bug with asterisk that the first half second or so of the
call sometimes gets lost (only really noticable when calling something
like an answerphone that says something as soon as it answers).

> I'm wondering how flexible they are and if you can do any
"fancy" advanced stuff with them like centralised phonebooks,
indication of multiple lines ringing, multi-line use on the same system etc
etc???

They are quite flexible, a single base unit can have up to 6 SIP
accounts (+ Gigaset.net) with the ability to select which handsets
those go to (so e.g. you can have a main extension which rings
everything but also have handset specific extensions).

There aren't centralised phonebooks, but you can upload/download a
vcard file from each handset on the web interface. (I actually have a
Perl script to keep them in sync, but it's not really something anyone
else can use at the moment).

David