Latest message you have seen: RE: Comfort Design Question

RE: Roomba and Scooba

I've just bought a new 5th-generation Roomba, to answer your
questions:

1. Yes :-)
2. Yes, on the higher-end models. I've got a 535 which allows the use of a
separate wireless scheduler module. The 550, which is close to the current
top of the range in the US, has this feature on-board. I was in Costco at
the weekend, and they're selling them for $279 (might have been the 560,
not
completely sure).
3. Yup, on all but the cheapest models. My previous Roomba was a series 1
from the bulk-buy I did with Mark; they've come on a LONG way since then.
4. Very well. I've only had mine for a few weeks, but it has no problem
going from carpet to tile and vice-versa.  The better models have
'lighthouses', which you put at door openings (if you want to).  These act
as intelligent Virtual Walls, in that they'll stop Roomba from going into
the next room until it's spent enough time in the previous room.  They'll
also help guide Roomba back to the charging base.

I can't answer for the Scooba, but I do know that they cannot be scheduled.
You can go here for a Roomba model comparison:
http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=336
... the difference between a 560 and
a 530 is that the former has the scheduling on-board (i.e. buttons on the
unit), the latter has no scheduling.  My 535 uses a wireless command
centre,
its was a special for around $220 from one of the shopping channels over
here.

Pete