Companion Touchscreen what can it operate?

  • Subject: Companion Touchscreen what can it operate?
  • From: "paul_watkin" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:36:38 -0000

Hi all,

Assuming I am successful in sourcing a Companion touch screen or two
(thanks Gareth for the steer on the CYTECH forum) I am trying to work
out what I can actually hang off it and what functionality I will get
day one, the Comfort and convergent living websites are a bit vague
on what can be done out of the box and what needs extra bits and bobs

So far the house will have the following

Companion Touchscreen in Lounge
Comfort
CBUS Lighting
Russound CAV6 (with Tuner and iBridge)
Honeywell Smartfit Heating
IP Cameras

My current understanding is that the screen can connect directly to
the CBUS network in the same way the CBUS UCM does but how does it
connect to all of the others. (I know I will need additional software
modules for some of it to work).

Based on what I know so far I will need to supply the Screen with
power, CBUS, and Ethernet. Comfort will be connected via a UCM /
Serial Ethernet converter to the network as well

My immediate issue is how to connect them up electrically as I will
only get one go at ripping the house apart!!!

Do I need anything Extra to control the Russound amp or Honeywell??
(Is Honeywell controlled via Comfort??)

Many thanks in advance and hope the post makes sense.

Cheers

Paul