Companion TouchScreen WAS Re: What bedside clock for a HA-er?

  • Subject: Companion TouchScreen WAS Re: What bedside clock for a HA-er?
  • From: "paul_watkin" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:55:27 -0000

Hi all,

Having finaly completed my house (Structured cabling, Comfort, CBUS,
Smartfit) and more importantly selling it I have moved in with SWMBO
and we are setting about plans to renovate our new home.

One of the requirements I have been givn by SWMBO is that there are
touchscreens covering all the different gadgets in both the lounge
and main bedroom.

My plan is to stay with CBUS and Comfort and add a couple of
companion touchscreens, here in lies the problem as I don't appear to
be able to get hold of anyone at Comfort Home Controls to obtain info
and costs and can't find any other suppliers.

So can anyone shed any light on how I can get more details?

Cheers

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:

> Now that I have more or less expunged X10 from my home, I no longer
need
> the X10 mini-timer as my bedside clock, so I'm looking for
a "suitable"
> replacement..
>

> What's "suitable" ??
>

> Well, clearly for a seasoned HAer it can't possibly be just a normal
> bedside clock from Argos can it?... - it must have some additional
> whiz-bang functions, such as weather monitoring, or Ethernet
> connectivity or the like. Also, it clearly has to look like it was
just
> "nicked" out of a space shuttle....
>

> So what is the groups' recommendation?
>

> I've looked at a couple from Oregon Scientific which are weather
> stations, and I've also looked at some flash ones from Jacob Jensen,
> either of which tick some of the right boxes... - but everything
I've
> found so far is a standalone closed product... - is there anything
I can