Re: Add Up to 6 Monitors Easily with USB Adaptor

  • Subject: Re: Add Up to 6 Monitors Easily with USB Adaptor
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:54:22 GMT

In article <51189.82.152.13.241.1199996711.squirrel@xxxxxxx>,
Mark
McCall wrote:
> The RegHardware have an interesting little video from CES on this USB
> adapor that allows you to connect up to 6 monitors to your PC.
>
> The device from DisplayLink is said to cost around £40 and is
available
> now.

I have one. I used to use an older USB->VGA box that had a USB->PCI
bridge and then a normal PCI VGA chipset and the DisplayLink offering is
*much* better.

However, I returned three boxes before getting one that worked. :-(

I use it for adding an extra screen to a notebook, but some guys are
having fun using it to add extra users to Ubuntu machines.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire