From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ian Lowe
Sent: 12 January 2008 12:53
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Amazing Breakthrough... (don't get too excited,
it's just more wireless hype)

> If so, then it's more of a reasonable idea, but poor solution.

I agree, but the range of this thing is being quoted as 10 metres - and
given that the ranges quoted for wireless kit are usually a bit on the
fantasy side, I'd expect real world of less than 8m  - which makes it for
use within a very small area.

I ran an HDMI cable from my upstairs node zero down to the living room -
and
it was an easy DIY job. Cut an access hatch, drilled some holes, ran the
cable, plastered it up behind me. In return for a little work and
disruption, I have an absolutely rock solid, 100% reliable solution that I
can retaks for other equipment as required.

Wireless has a place, but so does Wired - and this  strikes me as 95% Wired
country.