Re: Fw: DECT Ringer Madness

Gareth Cook wrote:
> Im assuming the dect phone has it';s own ringer mechanism. Perhaps
there's
> a specific resistor i can chop off - but only if it then reverted to
bell
> wire use...doubtful tho

Does the phone not have some sort of "silent" mode where the
ringer is
turned off completely?

No idea if the plug-in ringers use the ring wire, but at least one I saw
in a quick search talked about having a REN of 1, which would indicate
it does surely?

With the dect phone turned off and a plug in ringer working off the ring
wire, that would give you the functionality you're looking for, no?

Jim