RE: Re: Logitechs Squeezebox Duet to Crash the Sonos Party?

  • Subject: RE: Re: Logitechs Squeezebox Duet to Crash the Sonos Party?
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:44:29 -0000

=20

> Whilst this will put some off, it will be an advantage to others.
>=20=20
> I=92ve added a Trends Audio T-Amp and a set of Tangent Evo=20
> speakers to each of my Squeezeboxes. About =A3160 per zone for=20
> both, sound quality is excellent and the amp can be set as a=20
> power amp with the SB3 controlling volume.

I was put off because of the lack of a built in amp, but if I can use a
power amplifier and have the duet remote adjust the volume that would be
just what I am looking for?

So, before I get all excited, can I use a power amplifier (Not the t-amp)
and have the volume controlled with the SB3 etc.  (I have no idea on the
differences between normal amps and power amps etc)

Do I need any particular spec/features, or will any power amp do for this
application?

Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers, Des.