Does anyone have details of the Heatmiser protocol?

  • Subject: Does anyone have details of the Heatmiser protocol?
  • From: "howardsixtynine" <howardsixtynine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 18:29:54 -0000

Hi
I just discovered this group while Googling for data on the Heatmiser=20
thermostats, and I get the impression that some people have a document=20
detailing the communications protocol for these.
I'm searching for a heating control system that will take care of=20
itself - ie. not PC controlled, but that I can log into remotely and=20
change settings. The Heatmiser PRT/HW-N looks ideal since it does=20
everything and has a RS485 connection, and it's under =A350. I just need=20
to find out the protocol they use. I gather that there's no point in=20
asking Heatmiser as they won't give it out, but I've read posts that=20
say someone has reverse engineered the protocol and produced a document.
Can anyone help me obtain this?