From: Steve Hetherington [mailto:sjhha@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 January 2008 20:30
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] X10 dimmable lights

I bought three of these from TLC to try.  Each one is controlled by an
individual LM12s.  Whilst they are below the stated minimum load for the
LM12, the instructions said that they should work with standard dimmers so
it seemed worth a try.  Of the three, two give no problems and one
sometimes
(a few times a week, usually clustered on one evening) changes to and from
its set dim level to full brightness, and then back again.
As yet I've not got round to swapping things around to find out if it's the
bulb of the LM12.

Impressions:  they work for me.  Colour match to other traditional lights
in
the same room has not generated any complaints.  They are not as
controllable as incandescent lamps at low brightness.  However, they work
for me generally running at 50% to replace some 40W bulbs that are on for
long periods.

I'll be getting more.  It's certainly cheaper option than replacing the X10
units.

Steve H.

- available from http://fon.gs/dim1