Re: Fw: Re: Heatmiser - advice please?!

I'm about to purchase a shed load of the heatmiser 12V stats as well.
There's something that I basically don't understand.
Each stat communicates via 485 comms so to control every stat I connect a
single 485/232 converter to the '485 bus' as every stat will effectively be
on the same pair of wires?
Sorry I don't really understand 485 comms, and the heatmiser web site
doesn't explain anything

So I connect my converter do some sniffing and off I go?
I note that they have an IP based controller @ =A3350

On 07/01/2008, Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Exactly. I want some logging action.
>
> Gareth Cook
> IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales Europe
> Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
> email: g@xxxxxxx <g%40uk.ibm.com>
>
> ----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 07/01/2008 11:07 -----
>
> Discussion
> Main Topic
>
> ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> Today 10:26
>
> .
> Subject:
> .
> RE: [ukha_d] Re: Heatmiser - advice please?!
> .
> Category:
>
> I thought the whole point in using a thermostat, rather than just a
1-wir=

> temperature sensor and an appliance module, is that the control is
done b=
> the thermostat. The PC is just acting as an interface, monitoring and
> changing setpoints.
>
> Mark
>
> _____

ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> com] On