RE: Re: Logitechs Squeezebox Duet to Crash the Sonos Party?

They wont divulge how their network is secured. That's a major issue
to me.

I already have spent money and time to deploy wifi around the house, I can
see no reason sonos cannot offer the option of their remote connecting to
that rather then their mesh which I have no need for. I would be
centralizing the players so there is no way that the signal would reach out
of the rack to where the control was needed.

I haven't had any wifi dropout issues to speak of since I made some effort
to get decent coverage in the house with multiple accesspoints, and the
idea
of chucking another wireless network inthere somehow squeezing itself
between all the channels that are used is something that troubles me.
Sometimes I have lag on the laptop when moving between accesspoints, but
that's a non issue for the players since they are fixed in position.

Its not too long ago they didn't even have a standalone meshing Ethernet
bridge option.

I agree that a list on a 2 line display is not idea, But I tend to set
playlists up on a PC and then play those so its not an issue. I will stick
with my current setup of a PC with multiple soundcards for now I think.