RE: Re: Whole House Audio Touchscreen Setup on a Budget

  • Subject: RE: Re: Whole House Audio Touchscreen Setup on a Budget
  • From: "Gary Tall" <gtcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 20:35:49 -0000

Whilst we were building the barn one of my most have's was Sonos. In
the
event though and despite lots of helpful advice from Mr Hawkins I
decided to go the Squeezebox route teamed up with a Windows Home Server
box and a Pronto TSU9600 running Barry Gordon's excellent SlimServer
pronto scripts controlling the Squeezeboxes .

Despite one teething problem with WHS which caused problems for a couple
of days its been superb and the wife loves it. To be honest one of the
things that put me off was the Sonos controller, it looks dated to my
eyes and by using the Pronto I've got a single controller doing
everything from lights to AV.

Of course getting three Squeezeboxes for 100 quid each helped as well!

Cheers
Gary