Re: Anyone using the Pronto RU990

Hi Paul

I like the idea of programming it and I recall my old Pronto was great
but you are right, it was time consuming and you never really have it
finished. I want it for more than just the TV/DVD etc and could use
this with my aircon units and home automation too.

I did look at the Harmony 895 and the fact that this has ZWave does
kind of interest me too.

Out of interest, can you change the graphics on the Harmony remotes
and which one would you recommend a look at?

Regards
Dave...

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups2@...> wrote:

> I can't help you with the RU990 - but just a few thoughts - how much
time are you willing to spend programming it? I've had various other
Pronto's and whilst good, never really finished programming any of
them as they do require a LOT of time to get right if you have a
reasonably complex setup (mind you - I was programming lights,
heating, garage door etc etc along with AV kit, switchers etc).

> I found that the Harmony remotes were the first programmable remote
that actually got everything working as setup was far simpler and
easier. The BIG downside is that if you want complex programming or
macros etc, the Harmony isn't anywhere near as flexible although there
are ways around most problems I've encountered so far.

> Just a thought - may be worth a look at the online demo of the
programming software to see if you like it or not?