Re: Suggestions for mini-itx mobo for HA/home server

  • Subject: Re: Suggestions for mini-itx mobo for HA/home server
  • From: "seniorsimon" <simon.ryley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:18:57 -0000

Jon,

I've just made the same upgrade, from the same epia 800, for similar
reasons.

I went with the Jetway J75FM http://tinyurl.com/2yrp4w

1.2Ghz fanless, but max 1Gb of RAM, (which cost me =A317)

I specifically went with this board as I wanted DVI to plug into my TV
and use as a media player, there are other cheaper Jetways with the
same processor but no DVI.

Its literally sitting on my desk next to me after I ordered it from
linitx yesterday.  (They turned out to be the cheapest, and are well
known to the list)

I can let you know how it works once I do the upgrade tomorrow.

Hope this helps,

Simon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Poulton <stuart.poulton@...> wrote:

> Try
>=20
> http://resources.mini-box.com/online/powersimulator/powersimulator.html
>=20
>=20
> On 18 Feb 2008, at 17:23, Jon Wilkins wrote:
>=20
> > Nice, but it's pretty much at the top end of the price range
though.

> > Also no power consumption figure is given.  Given that these
mobos are
> > designed to be energy efficient it's a shame that
"typical"=20=20
> > consumption data
> > isn't more readily available.  Yes I know you then have to
add=20=20
> > consumption
> > of other components etc but some benchmark comparison would be
useful.

> > jon
> >
> > On Feb 18, 2008 9:12 AM, Paul Bendall <paul@...> wrote:
> >
> >>   Jon,
> >>
> >> How about the recently launched SN series? Should future
proff for a
> >> good few years and allows 4GB of memory which would be useful
for
> >> running multiple VM's.
> >>
> >> Comes in 1GHz fanless or 1.8GHz with a fan
> >>
> >> http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=3D11958
> >>
> >> HTH
> >>
> >> Paul
> >>
> >> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,