From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
JonS
Sent: 13 February 2008 22:04
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] RJ45 crimp recommendations please

The time has come for me to start punching down more of my cat5. I'd
also like to put plugs directly onto some cables.
I have a punch down tool but not an RJ45 crimp tool.
Prices for these cary wildly, from what I can work out rachet tools
give better results and are easier to use, the high end ones have
replaceable dies and can do cat6 too.
I'll only want to do a few 10s but want a tool that is easy to use for
a novice and gives reliable crimps. Presumably this has something to
do with the plugs that are used too?
Are strain relief boots recommended for anything other than patch-
panels or frequent plug/unplug places?

What tools and plugs can you recommend?
TIA
Jon