From: Sam Partington <sam.partington@xxxxxxx>
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, 4 February, 2008 1:15:15 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] New member here ...

On 04/02/2008, ALBERTO RUGGERO <nessuno_qui2000@ yahoo.co. uk> wrote:
> Hi list!
> I'm new here and want just say hallo.
> I'm making my first steps in HA and I'm little bit confused. At the
moment got a first project: convert my brand new Mac Mini in my Home
theater/media/ music/entertainm ent Center. Next step will be starting with
HA (lights, weather station, heating control and so on). I don't know if
I'll use the Mac for that or a spare old laptop ...
> Hope to receive your help.

Hi Alberto,

Have a look at the Sapphire project for your mac, it's really a very
nice interface, and as it's a plug-in for front row it integrates
nicely. I experimented with lots of front ends, ditched them all, and
I decided that I was going to have to make my own, before I then found
sapphire.

http://appletv. nanopi.net/

It's integration with IMDB and movie posters is an inspirational idea.
And now it looks like it is going to be easy to make your own plugins
for Front Row*, I can see all sorts of possibilities for home
automation in the same interface.

Sam

* see http://code. google.com/
p/frontpython/