Re: Network Media Tank

  • Subject: Re: Network Media Tank
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 19:49:32 -0000

This looks very interesting.=20=20

I've currently got a mac mini doing duty as a media server in the
lounge and streaming dvds, photos and some home made movies from our
NAS.  (Don't need it for audio as I hate having to turm the tv on to
listen to music - so use I a squeezebox here)

It does it very well but it feels rather overkill.  For $179 (sub
=A3100) this looks ideal for the same job.  And there is a SDK too which
makes me wonder if a HA (xAP...) interface could be written (I wonder
if you can overlay text on the screen (messages etc)...

Can I ask where you got yours from.  Seems to be only a Swedish outlet
in Europe.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Marcus Warrington"