Re: TVCatchUp - Your PVR in the Cloud

Has anyone tried this yet?

I signed up yesterday, and recorded a few shows - all seemed to go well.

Have just tried to play them, and the (admittedly not top spec) laptop
stutters and stalls. it's a P4 2.8GHz CPU, with 512MB Ram, running XP.

clicking "watch" in firefox / IE causes one of the cores to sit
at 100%
usage, and the other waivering around 75% ! - - - recording is completely
unwatchable as it plays for a second, fills the buffer, plays again, repeat
over and over :S

network doesn't appear to be an issue - - good download times from
everywhere else :S

admittedly, my intention was to try to grab the FLV to see if it could be
stored, but unless it's psychic, that can't be the problem!

ideas??

R.