Re: Interesting...

Hm,...

Very very intersting... Especially as this is the field I'm working in !
(though not web-based)

I too have just signed up.

The economy of scale of using networked PVR over local PVR is pretty good -
as only 1 copy of an asset is going to be recorded for many users (and
probably retained until all users have "deleted" it).

It looks pretty slick, gonna try recording and see - it allows you to
choose
something already being broadcast -- be interesting to see if it makes the
whole asset available or just from the point I opted .. Might depend if I'm
the ONLY person requesting it or if it's already being recorded....

At least one gremlin still there though as I just got a PHP error !
*Warning: implode()
[function.implode<http://www.tvcatchup.com/recordings/function.implode>]:
Invalid arguments passed in
/var/www/html/TVCatchup.com/core/sections/recordings/recordings.php on line
350*

Anyone know how's behind this ? (I guess I could dig and find out ...)

jon

On Feb 1, 2008 3:39 PM, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interesting as they encode as FLV - good choice for web only playback.
> Quality is OK although a bit blocky at higher screen sizes and I
noticed a
> definite regular frame drop throughout the programme. Great resource
though.

> Paul.

earlier for a test.

www.jpdw.org / Information : The currency of the Future