Time to buy? Price increases coming?

  • Subject: Time to buy? Price increases coming?
  • From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:56:19 -0000

I ordered some bits and pieces for our current AV room upgrade and
since
ordering the TV and Amp prices have fallen by hundreds of pounds
(thankfully
I will get the lower prices).  Presumably the price cuts are to try and get
people to start spending, as with the rest of the retail world.

However, I've been hearing that many of these prices will be going in
January.  The Onkyo amp will be going back up and one distributor is
talking
of up to 30% increases in a famous LCD TV Brand.

The more skeptical among us may see this as a marketing ploy, and none of
this constitutes "financial advice" - as companies struggle more
next year
they will undoubtedly reduce their margins as they absorb some of the
increases and run special deals.   But I can confirm we're seeing lots of
price increases with imported goods to our business, just because of the
massive swing in exchange rates of late.  Something to think about if
you're
trying to decide to buy now or hold off.

M.

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109