Re: 2 way radios with hands free and music for snowboarding?!

  • Subject: Re: 2 way radios with hands free and music for snowboarding?!
  • From: "pjqx" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 09:11:19 -0000

These are on Special Offer at Lidl ATM - I made a special trip in
there yesterday for a tripod they are doing only to find they didn't
start selling them until today.  Can't remember the price, but I'v an
idea it was 25ish.

Tim.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Steve <tankman37@...> wrote:

> Noel,
>
> Sorry, bit late to the thread, but have you considered something
along
> the lines of the wireless bikers comms kits?
>
> http://www.martleyelectronics.co.uk/motorcycle.htm#value_rider_kit
> http://tinyurl.com/65gmlh
>
> I'm sure with your considerable soldering skills you might be able
> plumb in a jack plug for an mp3 player.
>
> Steve
>
> noel_pilot wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Know someone must be able to help with this somehow!!
> >
> > Going snowboarding in January and we want to have some two way
radios
> > for the obligatory laughing and mick taking when anyone
bails....and
> > possibly to find out where people are at times too!
> >
> > Simple so far,
> >
> > I use a beanie hat with built in headphones to listen to my ipod,
> > ideally I'm looking for a way to integrate this so that I can
listen
> > to my music but somehow also hear the radio and also ideally
transmit,

> > in my mind is either a radio that can handle a music input that
would
> > pass through to the radio hands free kit, or something more
external.

> > Any ideas how I could achieve this? At a push just being able to
hear
> > the transmissions would be enough i could always take the radio
out of
> > pocket if i needed to transmit.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Noel

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109