Re: Re: 2 way radios with hands free and music for snowboarding?!

Yes, I can solder it together for you (and I'm interested in it from
the
snowboarding angle to).
However, have you thought about what you're going to do with it once it's
build?
Having a 1" square of pcb in your jacket pocket isn't going to be cool
or
robust...
And will scratch the **** out of your iPod / phone / radio...
I think it needs a very small plastic project box, or maybe a TIC TAC box
or
something like that...

Lee

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:03 PM, noel_pilot <HA@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   It works on breadboard but I think this might be exceeding my
> soldering skills! Is there anyone out there that for beer tokens (or
> small ish cash sums) and the components and designs provided would
> fancy soldering these up? It's four phono sockets, four resistors and
> some connecting bits!
>

> Cheers
> Noel
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,
"noel_pilot"
> <HA@...> wrote:
> >
> > Still answering my own post but this might be useful to others in
time.

> > I've got the components however I've not soldered much.....I've
got
> > some pcb 3.5mm stereo sockets, that require 1.2mm holes on
stripboard.
> > Yet the strip board i have has 1mm holes. Before i start trying
> > enlarge the holes, can you buy stripboard with 1.2mm holes?
googling
> > isn't bringing up much!! cheers
> > Noel
> >

> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,
"noel_pilot"
> <HA@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've managed to find a bit more info, one/two ways of doing
this is
> > > shown at
> > >

> http://www.phoenixcomputerlabs.com/All-About-Mixers/Resistor-Mixers1.html
> > >
> > > which just uses some resistors in the right places (i think)
also at

> http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.electronics.design/2004-11/5224.html
> > >
> > > they reference using and gates to be able to prioritise the
audio from
> > > a particular source.
> > >
> > > This sounds awesome and if its simple soldering i think i
could have a
> > > go but i've never used and gates or anything like that. If
it's not
> > > too much too ask could anyone advise if this is reasonable
way to
> > > proceed (either of them) and possibly explain it a little
more
> simply?!
> > >
> > > Still interested in a bought solution if possible too!!
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > noel
> > >
> > > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,

> radios

I can listen
> > transmit,

> would
> external.

being able to
> hear
> out of

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109