Re: Which HA standard to use for first home?

  • Subject: Re: Which HA standard to use for first home?
  • From: "dermot_bradley" <bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:41:14 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Duncan" <duncan.sample@...>
wrote:

> Well, after reading the 'ZWave USB' thread I immediately fell in
> love with the Vera.  From what the site shows it's aimed at normal
> people, although from their Wiki it seems like it's just a normal
> Linux Router underneath, so plenty of room for some customisation.

The Vera is Linux-based, I only heard of it about a month ago on the
blog of one of the Busybox developers, Rob Landley, when he mentioned
doing some work on it (he does linux embedded stuff for contract).

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109