Re: [ukha_d] Viglen MPC-L - Tiny £99 Linux PC

Seeing Jamie's comment then it's about 10W which equates to an
estimate of
8hrs usage per day (maybe loading 1 web page, then, if it's really slow!
:-=
)
).

Still, =A33 / year for 24/7 is pretty cheap to run.

Though somewhat negated if it isn't going to do much ...

*I'd say you'll find that this device running flat out will used less
than your PC when it's switched off.*
Ha ha... see the previous threads over the past week... My PCs actually
cos=
=A30.00 when switched off 'cos the sockets gets switched off.  :- )   But
having put a meter on the PC I know what you mean ....

2008/12/2 Stuart Poulton <stuart.poulton@xxxxxxx>

>   On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 11:43 +0000, Jon Wilkins wrote:
> > It's a shame they don't say more about its "Ultra Low energy
profile" -
> like
> > "typical" power consumption figures. The claim they
make below is quite
> > interesting:
> >
> > "it's ultra-low energy consumption profile means it only
costs around =
=A31
> > a year to run."
> > "Sounds too good to be true?"
> >
> > Yes. It does.
> >
> > Some quick fag-packet paths suggest that *if* electricity was
still 9p =
/
> kWh
> > ( e.g forgetting the 'higher rate' unit costs) then this thing
must
> consume
> > *less than 1.2w*. Of course, I'm assuming it's on 24/7... if they
only
> > expect the unit to be on 1 hr per day then I guess that allows
30w
> > consumption. I expect they mean 8hrs / day which would mean 10w
which
> > still seems pretty impressive.
> >
> > jon
>
> These devices are using the AMD Geode chipset, typically the LX800
chip,
> this chip on it's own uses no more than 0.9W, it's the additional
bolts
> ons that drive this figure up.
>
> I'd say you'll find that this device running flat out will used less
> than your PC when it's switched off.
>
>=20=20

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109