Re: Which HA standard to use for first home?

  • Subject: Re: Which HA standard to use for first home?
  • From: "Bill Taylor" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:21:50 -0000

The website gives the option of a european version of the interface,
although all the other bits seem to be US only.

It does look quite interesting, if only it would easily integrate into
all the other bits that I've got.

I look forward to the review!

Bill

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:

> Hi Duncan,
>
>     Bear in mind there is that the Z-Wave frequencies used in the US
are
> different to those in Europe/UK.   This is why we need a European
> version of the Z-Troller for example.  You could import and use US
> versions of Z-Wave modules (contra regulations) but then you have the
> mains voltage/frequency,  plug style and the form factor if they
replace
> light switches/sockets as well as no CE approval.  Maybe there is a
> European version of the Vera on the way , or that the hardware was
built
> dual standard ??

> Duncan wrote:
> > Hi
> > Well, after reading the 'ZWave USB' thread I immediately fell in
love
> > with the Vera.  From what the site shows it's aimed at normal
people,
> > although from their Wiki it seems like it's just a normal Linux
Router
> > underneath, so plenty of room for some customisation.
> >
> > Since the site had a 33% discount on, and it seemed fairly cheap,
> > ordered one.  If anyone from AutomatedHome.co.uk wants a review
of it,
> > I'll be happy to help.
> >
> > If it's as simple as the site shows, then Nokia should be using
this
> > as the benchmark for the controller to beat, as far as
ease-of-use
goes.

> > Duncan

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109