A new group member

  • Subject: A new group member
  • From: Tab Bott <cmpd1964@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 08:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for inviting me into your automation group. I am a retired
teacher/c=
ounselor (31 years). In addition to the education field, I also have a
back=
ground in aerospace electronics, communications, and law enforcement. My
in=
terest in home automation goes back well over 50 years (When I saw a home
l=
ighting exhibit (Touch-Plate) at the county fair. During the last 13 years
=
I have been automating are small home.My automation controller is a Home
Vi=
sion Pro, and X-10 is my current automation platform. The majority of our
a=
utomation system consists of standard, off=3Dthe-shelf hardware. A few
devi=
ces are of my own creation (automatic front door unlocking system, postal
b=
ox alert). My most recent installations were an electrically latched yard
g=
ate, and an office type (PBX) telephone system. I look forward to learning
=
what others have done to make their homes smarter (Sometimes=A0Judy and I=
=A0think that our house is smarter than we are. =A0

=20=20=20=20=20=20