Problem with sockets

Ok, now I don't expect a "your problem is X" answer to this,
but
hopefully some ideas might help.

The previous owners of the house converted the garage into a playroom
for the kids, as well as fitting some sockets into the drywall. In
total there are 8 sets of double sockets, grouped into 2 groups of 4.

When we bought the house, he ran through what was was, and i could
have sworn he said the 1 bank of 4 was actually plugged into the other
bank.

Over the weekend one of the sets (the one with the freezer, washer,
dryer & my server plugged in stopped working. I changed the fuse on
the socket I thought fed the 4 that had stopped working, but that
hasn't solved the problem. The other bank of 4 still works. I've
checked the main fusebox, and they're all OK, except I haven't checked
the immersion heater fuse.

I'm at a loss where to go from here, I need some ideas what to test
next, how can I test if the 4 sockets actually are fed from the socket
as I remembered? If that fails, how to I try and trace where they are
fed from?

--
-S

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stubbs