From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Frank
Mc Alinden
Sent: 12 August 2008 09:22
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] Playstation Help

Hi Marcus

Did a google myself and came up with this..does it make any sense to you
;-)
Got my PS3 for Christmas and could not get it to connect through my
wireless
router. I called Playstation support and they told me my router was the
problem. My firewall in the router was letting the PS3 assign the IP
address
then the firewall in the router was causing the problem. The PS3 service
tech gave me all the ports that I needed to add and I called the router
service techs and they helped me set it up. Took a little time and
considerable time on the phone with techs but I've been online every since.
Don't know if that helps but thats what it took to get mine going.
Sounds like hard work to me ;-)
I tried with my firewall off and its getting its ip address ok

Frank