[OT] : One for the Linux heads...

  • Subject: [OT] : One for the Linux heads...
  • From: Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:18:04 +0100

One thing I can´t stand on this HP2133 is that there´s some
sort of
keyboard assistant running on it - to type a ´ you have to hit the key
twice, hitting it once produces an accented version of the next
character. Similarly with ¨ - you have to hit it twice or you get an
umlouted version of the following character, similarly with ^...

Also when you capitalise certain things then it seems to assume that you
really *DIDN´T* want to have that space that you hit and so Iseem to
be
spending a lot of time trying to work around this particular assistant
... does anyone know how to turn off this functionality so that I can
type in English easily? The HP is installed with SUSE 10...

Cheers

Phil