Re: Re: [OT] - Office IT support

I agree with everything that has been said before. I thought I would
update
you on the latest news on Windows SBS 2008.

To be released on November 12, 2008, Windows Small Business Server (Windows
SBS) 2008 represents the next-generation integrated server solution for
small businesses (up to 75 users or network devices).

Microsoft have announced an estimated price guide for the US and Canadian
editions of Windows Small Business Server 2008.

- Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard (1 Server + 5 CAL) $1,089
(=A3570)
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 CAL Suite 1-pack $77 (=A340)
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 CAL Suite 5-pack $385 (=A3200)

For more details visit:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver/essential/sbs/default.mspx
where you can even download a free preview.

Regards

James
SJ Computers

2008/8/9 Paul Gordon <paul@xxxxxxx>

>   I'd have to say a jolly big "here here" to everything that
Ian just
> said. I am also, and have long been a big fan of SBS. The new version
sho=
uld
> be due out "real soon now" - traditionally the SBS release
has followed
> around about 6 months following the main new server version release...
> Windows Server 2008 was released in February....
>
> It's fantastic value for money, it ticks every single one of your
boxes,
> it's easy to install, well supported by both Microsoft and the various
> hardware vendors who supply off-the-shelf complete pre-built solutions
> including a server, SBS preinstalled, configuration services, Network
set=
up
> etc. etc.
>
> I'd also suggest sacking your current solution provider, as they
clearly
> aren't putting your requirements above their own... - anyone who wants
> charge a small business =A314K for a 1TB store plus a GB switch are a
bun=
ch of
> shysters in my opinion.. Tell you what; I'll sell you one for =A31K...
>
> Paul G.

with a