[OT] - External Slimline DVD drives...

  • Subject: [OT] - External Slimline DVD drives...
  • From: Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 19:31:04 +0100

Does anyone have any recommendations for an external slimline DVD writer?

I'm looking for (ideally) a slot loading rather than tray loading drive
(I always think tray loading drives feel flimsy) and something which
doesn't need to be powered from an external PSU (ideally it would be
powered from a single USB port rather than needing to leech power from a
second USB port).

The reason why I don't want to have to use a second port to power the
thing if possible is that the machine I'm going to be using it with
doesn't have two ports next to each other (or even on the same side of
the machine).

Cheers

Phil